Hollywood is notoriously competitive, and it’s not hard to see why. With so many movies and TV shows vying for our attention, it’s tough for any project to stand out. Netflix is a prime example of this phenomenon. The streaming service has become insanely successful by producing high-quality content that’s addicting and difficult to put down.
This article will look at what Hollywood learned from the insanely successful Netflix series “Stranger Things.” We’ll explore the themes and ideas that the show embodied and discuss how you can apply these lessons to your own business or project.
What is the show
Netflix’s The Crown won multiple awards for its portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in Season 1, and the show only improved. The first season chronicled the early years of the Queen’s reign, and it was so successful that Netflix ordered a second season which was released this past December.
What made The Crown so successful?
First and foremost, the cast was incredible. It’s rare to see an ensemble cast that is both talented and willing to put in the extra effort needed for a show like this. Everyone brought their A-game to the screen, from Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth II to Matt Smith as Prince Philip. Secondly, the writing was fantastic.
The plotlines were well thought out and kept you engaged throughout each episode. Lastly, the cinematography was breathtaking. The scenes in Buckingham Palace were incredibly stunning and really helped bring life to the show.
The Crown isn’t without its flaws, however. While Season 1 did deal with some complex topics (like divorce), Season 2 tended to gloss over these issues in favour of more lighthearted fare (like skiing).
Additionally, some viewers felt that some of the more dramatic moments were overplayed or mishandled (the death of Princess Diana is a good example). However, overall The Crown is an excellent series that fans of television dramas should notice.
How did Netflix
Netflix’s newest original series, “Stranger Things,” has quickly become one of the most popular and critically acclaimed TV shows. With excellent reviews, a massive following on social media, and even winning an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series, it’s clear that this show is a success. But how did it get to where it is today?
The answer lies in something that many Hollywood insiders were slow to catch on to Netflix.
Since its establishment in 1997 as a DVD-by-mail service, Netflix has transformed into one of the most successful streaming platforms in the world. In 2013, they released their first original series, “House of Cards.” The show was an instant hit with critics and fans alike, and after two seasons was cancelled due to low ratings. However, because the entire series was released at once as a single episode release on Netflix, it created a new way for viewers to consume content.
This change in how viewers watch television would have significant implications for Hollywood. More and more networks are beginning to experiment with releasing entire seasons of their shows at once instead of weekly or monthly like traditional television providers do. This has made it easier for viewers to follow a show from start to finish without waiting weeks or months between episodes.
It’s also given networks like Netflix more control over when their shows are released, so they can avoid competing against other outlets like cable TV, which airs new episodes several times per day.
Lessons Hollywood Can Learn From
Hollywood is taking note of the runaway success of Netflix’s “Stranger Things.” The sci-fi thriller, which was released all at once on July 15, has become one of the most popular series ever on the streaming service with its riveting story, likeable characters and buzzworthy soundtrack.
As a result, many Hollywood studios are paying attention to how “Stranger Things” was able to rack up such success despite being released on an unconventional platform. Here are four lessons that Hollywood can learn from the series:
1. Don’t be afraid to experiment: Netflix made a big bet when it decided to release “Stranger Things” all at once. But it paid off in spades – not only did fans love the show, but critical acclaim was also strong. By going against traditional TV release patterns, Netflix showed that there is still room for innovation in the TV industry. Other studios should observe and experiment with new formats and release strategies to see what works best.
2. Create likeable characters: “Stranger Things” is full of memorable characters who audiences can root for. It isn’t just the fan-favourite characters like Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) or Mike (Finn Wolfhard). Still, even minor characters like Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) or Joyce (Winona Ryder) are fascinating and compelling. This attention to detail helps make viewers feel
What’s next for Netflix’s
Netflix has been a massive success since its establishment in 1997. Over the past years, they’ve become one of the leading streaming services with their vast selection of TV shows and movies. However, what Netflix may need to learn is that Hollywood is watching.
Since Netflix released their new series “The Crown”, Hollywood has taken notice. The show tells the story of Queen Elizabeth II from 1961 until she died in 2002. The series was so successful that it was recently picked up for a second season.
While “The Crown” is mainly based on historical events, it was also praised for its writing and acting. The show has received many accolades, including 4 Golden Globe Awards (out of 6 nominations) and 17 Emmy Awards (out of 24 nominations).
So what did Hollywood learn from “The Crown”? Quite a bit! Here are three key takeaways:
1) Making an original series is a must – especially if it’s about a well-known person or event. “The Crown” was based on actual events and was well-written and acted, giving it appeal to audiences inside and outside of the UK.
2) Be bold and experiment – some viewers were turned off by the show’s focus on royal life rather than general events during Elizabeth II’s reign. However, by mixing things up (e.g., flashbacks to her personal life), viewers were able to
What is ‘The Crown’?
Netflix’s “The Crown,” tells the story of Elizabeth II from when she becomes Queen at 25 to her early years as monarch. The show is incredibly successful, with recent episodes averaging over 10 million viewers.
What does this success mean for Hollywood?
Since “The Crown” debuted on Netflix, Hollywood has been paying attention. Many studios have created royal period dramas to replicate the show’s critical and commercial successes. Other studios are exploring similar stories, such as Disney XD’s upcoming series “Mary Queen of Scots.”
This renewed interest in royals may have something to do with recent events. In 2017, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle divorced, and Prince William married Kate Middleton. These highly publicized breakups inspired filmmakers to explore different royal families in new shows.
Why was it so successful?
Netflix’s “The Crown” is not only one of the company’s most popular series to date but has also been credited with helping revive the British television industry.
“The Crown,” tells the story of Queen Elizabeth II from 1961 to 2011, and its success can be chalked up to several factors. Chief among them is the show’s unique format, featuring dramatizations of real-life events and scenes from the monarch’s life.
Another critical factor in “The Crown “‘s success is its casting. The show is filled with A-list actors, including Claire Foy (who won an Emmy for her performance) and Matt Smith (who played Prince Philip in the series). These high-profile stars helped set “The Crown” apart from other Netflix series and made it a coveted viewing destination.
But it wasn’t just prominent name actors that helped make “The Crown” a hit. The show was tailored specifically for Netflix viewers, featuring fast-paced plot lines and plenty of action sequences. This made it an ideal choice for those looking for something entertaining to watch on their streaming devices.
Overall, “The Crown” proved incredibly successful, thanks to its unique format and talented cast. It has reinvigorated British television and given viewers something they can’t find anywhere else on TV.
Lessons Hollywood Can Learn from ‘The Crown’
Netflix’s The Crown is, without a doubt, one of the most successful television shows. The show is based on the life of Queen Elizabeth II and has been praised for its realistic portrayal of life during her reign.
So what can Hollywood learn from The Crown? Here are five lessons Hollywood can learn from The Crown:
1. Invest in a Quality Cast: The Crown has been such a success because of its talented cast. From Claire Foy to Matt Smith, the cast is top-notch and perfectly brings the characters to life. Casting is critical when making a TV show – and Netflix has shown that with excellent results.
2. Give Your Show Time to Grow: Another key ingredient in The Crown’s success is its slow-burn approach. It takes time for viewers to get invested in the characters and story, allowing for more intricate plotlines and profound character development. This approach can be challenging, but it’s rewarded in the long run.
3. Embrace Challenging Topics: Another thing that makes The Crown so attractive is its willingness to tackle complex topics head-on. For example, Season 2 features a storyline about Princess Diana – something that would have been taboo 20 years ago but now feels incredibly relevant given her recent death. By tackling these topics, The Crown proves that TV can be a serious business too!
Hollywood has long been where people can make a name for themselves through hard work and dedication. But what if you don’t have a natural talent or look that most actors do? What if you’re not white, cisgender, and heterosexual? To some people in Hollywood, this might be grounds for dismissal.
But to others, it’s proof of an opportunity — and Netflix is one example of how a small business can create an insanely successful series without relying on traditional Hollywood mechanisms. In the past few years, Netflix has created shows like Stranger Things, The Crown, House of Cards, and The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt that have surpassed all expectations and shown just how powerful a format television can be when it’s created with the right intentions.
So whatever your dreams may be — whether they involve becoming famous or simply making a difference in the world — remember: success isn’t impossible if you’re willing to put in the effort.